We’ve been talking about doing this for some time, and this year we finally got around to creating our themed HoliDATES. We knew with the weather in WNY being unpredictable in December, mid-week date nights might not be possible (hello, Buffalo!! You’re getting some weather right now!!) so we devised our own fun.
Thus we give you, Holidates. We cooked up a dinner item and a signature cocktail whose inspiration came from our favorite classic Christmas movies. Our first holidate? Home Alone.
For our dinner item, we chose to honor Kevin’s love of cheese pizza with our own 4-cheese flatbread. We love the first scene in the movie with all the family chaos and the pizza mishap. I suppose you could say that’s what caused the entire fiasco.
Scott was excited to play with the idea of a sparkling cocktail, as Uncle Frank makes a comment on the plane about wanting champagne – “it is free, isn’t it?” Love that Uncle Frank is the real jerk in the equation, even though he accuses that of Kevin.
So yes, we sat down with our 4 cheese flatbread and our sparkling cocktail and watched Home Alone – it isn’t our favorite holiday movie, but we started with it so we could save the best for last. Stay tuned, we have 3 more in the works :)
- Pizza dough
- (1) can Pizza sauce
- Yancy's Champagne Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Oregano to garnish
- Prepare your pizza dough - we bought already made dough, which we rolled out to flatbread size.
- Spread the pizza sauce liberally over the flatbread
- Sprinkle all 4 cheeses over the flatbread
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or however long you desire for the crust of your preference.
- We could easily have made this far more complex, but we bought all the ingredients in the spirit of ease and convenience. Definitely try a different combination of cheeses to suit your tastes!
- 1 oz. Vodka
- 1 oz. cranberry simple syrup
- .5 oz. lemon
- Sparkling Wine
- Lemon and rosemary to garnish
- Combine vodka, cranberry syrup and lemon in a shaker with ice.
- Shake until blended.
- Strain into champagne flute
- Fill remainder with sparkling wine
- Garnish with lemon and rosemary