Can you imagine if every time you went out to dinner you knew a portion, if not all, of the proceeds was going toward a good cause? On April 23, this is exactly what will happen when Dine Out for Life returns to more than 90 restaurants throughout the Washington, DC area.
There’s plenty of reasons to join with others and eat out on the 23rd, rather than just giving you information about the event we’re giving you the 8 reasons you should partake in Dining Out for Life:
1. For those of you unfamiliar with Food & Friends, the organization was formed in 1988, and provides home-delivered meals, groceries, and nutrition counseling to people living with HIV/AIDS, cancer, and other life-challenging illnesses.
2. Last year, Dining Out for Life raised roughly $200,000. Which means with your help they can do even better. Be honest, you live in the Washington, DC area, so you’re at least a little competitive. Go out, spend money on food and drinks, and then tell others about the cause.
3. It’s EASY! There are restaurants all throughout the area participating, so it shouldn’t be hard to find a restaurant you’ve been meaning to check out.
4. This is the perfect excuse to visit the top area restaurants you’ve been meaning to try. Rural Society, Le Diplomate, Pearl Dive Oyster Palace, Mintwood Place, Commissary, Hank’s Oyster Bar, and the list goes on. If these restaurants are stepping up, so can you.
5. It’s a Thursday night, which means it’s the perfect way to start your weekend early. Sure you might need to work on Friday, but would you rather go to work knowing you have one more day to go, or go to work knowing you contributed to a great cause the night before.
6. On a more serious side, we all know someone who is, or has, battled a life-threatening illness. Dining Out for Life helps to ease the struggles of these individuals and for the family and friends who regularly assist in taking care of them. If you could help make life easier for thousands of people, with no sweat off your back, why wouldn’t you?
7. With several restaurants participating for both lunch and dinner, this is the perfect excuse to go out to eat for multiple meals. Go ahead and order dessert, it’s for a good cause after all.
8. Freddie’s Beach Bar & Restaurant, Annie’s Paramount Steak House, and Ristorante Tosca have all vowed to contribute 100% of their daily profits to Food & Friends.
Let us know which restaurant(s) you decide to visit. Tweet us photos of your meal and we’ll do our best to retweet them.