We’re two weeks late – but better late than never.
And when it comes to starting fresh, vowing to be better, and dreaming bigger for the year to come, I’m all for it and there is no room for “late”. I don’t know what it is, but I am obsessed with clean pages. Monday morning rolls around and I’m ready to conquer the week; the 1st of the month sneaks up and I have a laundry list of will-dos. And though I’ve never been a fan of New Year’s Eve, waking up on January 1st is always full of potential.
This year is already promising to be life-changing for our families and definitely for us. There are many weddings (ours not included), travel plans, and other monumental changes. We don’t know exactly what will happen for us in 2015, but we’re excited nonetheless.
I once heard that it was dangerous to make more than a couple resolutions; they would be overwhelming and nothing would actually change. However, I’m a rebel and a dreamer, so we came up with 4 each (and a few for our relationship).
2015 New Year’s Resolutions
- Work on improving writing
- Facing insecurities head-on – identify them and improve upon areas of weakness.
- Stepping out of the comfort zone
- Proactive with health and wellness (following up on routine apps.)
- Drink more water.
- Set aside “me” time.
- More books, less phone.
- Walk without pain. Back surgery in 2015?? Let’s hope so!
- Escape on more day trips – see the area and make the most of the Virginian landscape.
- Create meals in which we both play a part – often times we divide and conquer without collaborating.
- Work on balancing the families in which we were raised while creating our own idea of “family”. Blending takes time.
I can’t believe we are nearly two weeks into the New Year, but already we’ve felt success in tackling these (*HUGE gulp of water*) and we hope our commitment and motivation continues.
How about you? What are your resolutions?