**Today, we are trying to spread a little love around the Internet, but our hearts are with those affected by Hurricane Matthew – we are thinking of you and hoping everyone is safe. **
I had to glance down at the date on the calendar this morning to fully grasp that we are a whole week into October. It seems that our favorite time of year is always fleeting, and so we are making an effort to embrace the season this year in WNY. However, we can’t help but keep track of our DC friends and how they are enjoying this beautiful time of year!
- I’ve read this article to my entire family and I’m still thinking about it even a week later. Our friend Laura at the Washington City Paper discusses the new theme at the recently opened Dirty Habit. What do you think?
- Another fantastic addition to the scene in Buffalo is the grand opening of Lakeward Spirits. Buffalo Rising has all the details.
- Artists are in abundance in WNY, but this new exhibit by Nicole Cooke looks fantastic – check out her story on Yeah! Buffalo.
- We are new to the food scene after many years away from WNY, but we can totally get behind the Fried Cake sensation as told by the Rochester City Paper.
WNY and DC Blogs:
- Nickel City Pretty poured her heart out on blogging and masterminding the Buffalo Blogging Network (of which we are a proud part!) – she reminds us that it’s always community over competition.
- We love the reinvention of Indique in DC, and The Worldly Bite recapped her trip with some fantastic photos. And if you want a second opinion, check our Lori’s post on Been There, Eaten That.
- Our fall taste-buds are swooning for this Beer Chili recipe from Tracing Paper.
- Scott will be wearing pink all month, but the DC Fashion Fool does it better. Take a look at his Real Men Wear Pink campaign.
- We were pleased to see the Nittany Epicurean post about Keuka Spring Vineyards, as we too are heading to Keuka Lake wineries this coming Sunday and are even more excited now.
That’s our roundup for the week, but so many other great posts out there. What have you been reading? Have a safe and happy weekend!