After months of deliberation, we have decided today is the perfect opportunity to share our favorite recipe: GUACAMOLE.
According to the Hass Avocado Board, over Super Bowl weekend, approximately 100 million pounds of guacamole will be eaten. Additionally, approximately 14,500 tons of chips are chomped on. So technically, this is an unofficial Avocado Holiday – and you better believe I’ll be celebrating with this guacamole recipe!
- 2 avocados
- 1/3 white onion
- 1/3 lime
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup of cilantro (as much or little as you want)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon of cumin
- cayenne pepper: if you want it spicy
- 1/4 of a large tomato optional.
- Cube the avocados into a bowl, then mash them with a fork, spoon, or other utensil. There should still be small chunks of avocados present.
- Finely dice the onion and add to the avocado. Squeeze the lime into the mixture and stir ingredients.
- Remove the seeds from the jalapeno pepper, dice, and add to the mixture. Then chop the cilantro and add to the mixture. Add all seasoning on top and stir all ingredients together.
- Garnish with tomato
- Note: additional lime juice or salt can be added to assist in flavoring. We don't include tomato in the guac, as it tends to produce a more watery consistency.