After putting together 3 of his favorite autumn cocktails, Scott got in the spirit of Halloween this past week and set to work crafting a few more spooky libations before we set off for Mexico. We get back on the 29th, so we needed to get in a little celebrating before the holiday is completely over.
The inspiration came from our new cocktail glasses -if you marry my love of classic literature with Scott’s love of Halloween and mixology, the love child would be the Literature Glassware Collection from Uncommon Green. So it is fitting that we now have the Dracula and Frankenstein glasses to add to our collection.
So Scott got mixing and came up with, in my mind, a couple fantastic drinks. I think the key to his Frankenstein cocktail is our new set of Element Shrub mixes, which arrived last week in the mail. This product is not only for cocktails, but can be blended in mocktails and regular food recipes as well – savory, sweet, and incredibly complex. I will say that Scott played for some time when using his first shrub mix, but the result was intoxicating (hahahaha….). If you want your own, take a look at the website and order here.
So without further ado, we present our Halloween Cocktails:
- 2 oz Larceny Bourbon
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- 1 oz Lime
- 1 oz Chai Pear Element Shrub
- Combined all ingredients into a shaker and pour over ice.
- We both like Larceny Bourbon and you can typically find it for a very reasonable price. Triple Sec can be substituted for Cointreau or Grand Marnier.
- 2 oz Bacardi Gold Rum
- 1 oz Creme de Cassis
- 1 oz Lime
- 3 dashes of Cranberry Bitters
- Combined all ingredients in a shaker, then pour over ice.
- We typically use Bacardi with our Tiki-style cocktails and have recently started enjoying Fee Brothers bitters. Both can be substituted for other brands.
I have already added a few of my other favorite literary pieces to my Christmas list, like this Hamlet glass. But until then we will sip cocktails from the stories by Stoker and Shelley and enjoy the rest of this perfect fall in Western New York.