Growing up in Medina we often heard and repeated the phrase, “there is nothing to do.” Maybe it was because we were used to larger cities, and maybe we were just too young and unaware to notice, but we truly felt Medina would never be be the place to spend a weekend. This weekend, it is!
If you’re looking for weekend plans, here’s a look at a schedule of events:
- This Friday kicks things off with some good ole fashion high school football. The Medina Mustangs will look to build upon a successful start to the season with their homecoming match-up against Rochester University Prep. Additionally, Medina coach Eric Valley was recognized this past week as an area Coach of the Week.
- Saturday is when all the fun begins. Ale in Autumn kicks things off at 3pm (2pm for VIP) when hundreds of people flock to Main Street, Medina for the now annual beer tasting event. We’re thrilled to finally be able to take part in the event and hope to see many of you. Crossing our fingers for several local and seasonal offerings. Tickets can still be purchased at the English Rose Tea Shop and 810 Meadworks, or online here.
- After Ale in Autumn it’s decision time: you can head to 810 Meadworks for their after party celebration with the band Experimental Sandwich.
- Though it’s not exactly in Medina, the Niagara Wine Trail is close enough to mention. Ten wineries along the trail are taking part in the annual Harvest Festival all weekend. Tickets are still available and include tastings and pairings at participating wineries from Saturday (10am-5pm) through Sunday (12pm-5pm). More information here…
- Don’t forget to support local farmers at the Canal Village Farmers’ Market this Saturday morning! Special events every weekend through October 29th.
Happy Weekend in Medina, NY. See you all around town!