It’s Mother’s Day this Sunday! Meaning you better be doing something to tell your Mom you love her. You can call her, order her flowers, or even take her out for a Mother’s Day brunch. No matter how you decide to celebrate her special day make sure you do something.
With more than a couple places offering special menus this Sunday, we pulled a list of some of our favorites to help you out and created our list of 10 Places to Take Your Mom for Mother’s Day Brunch:
1. Kicking things off in Arlington, Chef Tim Ma’s Water & Wall will be serving a 3-course prix fixe brunch from 10am-2:30pm for $45 per person (3-12 eat for $25). Menu highlights include a Mushroom Cheddar Omelette, something Al would go nuts for, and a Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart with ganache and peanut butter mousse. Starting at 6:30pm a “Gather & Feast” 4-course tasting menu will be kicking off for $75 per person. To enjoy these seasonable favorites you’ll need reservations – so make them today!
2. Cleveland Park’s Ripple is offering a 3-course prix fixe brunch for $40 per person from 11am-2:30pm. Go lighter with traditional eggs or consider something a little heavier like seared salmon with roasted cauliflower, and no matter what remember to get your dessert.
3. Enjoy breakfast classics like Eggs Benedict or French Toast as part of Roofers Union’s 3-course prix fixe menu priced at $35 per person. If the classics aren’t reason enough to visit, the beignets should do the trick. This Adams Morgan restaurant will be serving brunch from 11am-2:30pm.
4. City Center’s DBGB Kitchen and Bar will be offering brunch from 11am-3pm. Both the a la carte and a special 3-course prix fixe ($49) will be highlighting the morning for the lucky mothers. The menu includes seasonal and classic French dishes including a Lamb Cocotte and a Meyer Lemon Tarte for dessert.
5. The W Hotel’s Pinea could be calling your name and might all day long. The full menu and specials will be available all day for breakfast (7am-10am), brunch (10am-4pm), and dinner (4pm-9pm). Start the day with Steak and Eggs and finish it off with Surf and Turf. The patio will be opening up for the special day, so if you can handle the heat there’s a seat for you.
6. EatWell DC restaurants are all serving Mother’s Day Brunch this Sunday, but if you really want to impress your Mom take her to Logan Tavern where she’ll receive flowers in addition to great food.
7. Want to show your Mom one of the best restaurants in Washington, DC? Make reservations at Blue Duck Tavern, where they’re serving brunch from 11am-8pm. The 3-course prix fixe menu will be available for adults for $110 and $55 for children 6-12, with highlights that include a Slow-Roasted Prime Rib of Beef, Duck Confit Hash, and the Belgium Waffles with rhubarb jam, candied pecans, fresh cream and tarragon.
8. Richard Sandoval restaurants are all offering specials this Mother’s Day. To us, you can’t go wrong with the bottomless brunches at El Centro D.F. ($35 per person), Toro Toro ($39 per person), Masa 14 ($39 per person), Zengo ($39 per person), or Ambar ($39 per person). You’re sure to approve this special Sunday.
9. From 11am-3pm, newcomer Mango Tree DC will be serving up traditional brunch items with a Thai twist. We recently visited and think you’re going to love it. The Thai Sausage and Hash Browns will pair well with any dish, while the Mango Mimosa is going to make you re-think the classic orange juice mixture. If you don’t get there this Sunday make plans to visit soon.
10. Are you competitive? The Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington, DC is giving you a chance to partake in a social media contest with a chance to win brunch for up to 4 people on Mother’s Day. From now until 5pm on May 6, you need to post a photo or video showing what you love most about your Mom while using the Instagram handle @RAMWdc and #RAMMYBrunch. The winner will be brunching on Mother’s Day and will be able to choose from one of these great locations:
Everyday Casual Brunch Finalists:
- Beuchert’s Saloon
- The Daily Dish
- DGS Delicatessen
- Duke’s Grocery
- The Liberty Tavern
Upscale Casual Brunch Finalists:
- Birch & Barley
- Kapnos – DC
- Le Diplomate
- The Restaurant at Patowmack Farm
- Seasons at The Four Seasons
If you don’t live at home or plan to see your Mom on Sunday, at least remember to call.
Happy Mother’s Day!